• Purchases and sales
  • Preliminary Contracts
  • Parental Donations



  • Public Testaments
  • Acts of deposit /withdrawal of Holographic-Secret Wills
  • Acts of Inheritance Acceptance.



  • Establishment of Companies Via the ’ONE-STOP-SHOP’’Services
  • Transfers of Company Shares.
  • Company Dissolution



  • Powers of Attorney
  • Affidavits-Deposition under oath
  • Deeds of child Acknowledgement
  • Cohabitation agreements


Notary Chania, Crete. Eleni Kokkinaki - Kleinaki

The notary Eleni Kokkinaki-Kleinaki was born in Chania. She attended the Athens School of Law (National and Kapodistrian University of Athens) and graduated in 1991. She was a practising lawyer in a lawyer’s office in Athens for 2 years (1991-1993).

She was an active Lawyer of Chania Bar Association running her own office for 16 years (1993-l 2008). Since 2009 , after successfully completing the Notary Association Examinations, she has been registered with the Notary Association of Crete. She has maintained her Notary office on the centre of Chania-Crete –Greece at str. Peridou & Ipsilandon No 4 since 2009.
The notary speaks English and French – preferred communication language is English.

FAQ's for notarial issues

The Notary is a public official who has editorial responsibility for estate transfer contracts (purchase, donation inter vivos or mortis causa, parental benefit, heritage acceptance etc.), copies issuing and record keeping.

For the preparation of a purchase contract the following documents are required from the seller:

1) Tax clearance certificate of the transferor with a description of the property transferred (ATAK number of the property). *

2) If the transferor acquisition title is accepting inheritance or parental donation or gift in life that occurred before 12/31/2994 then a certificate is required from the taxation office that with show that no tax is owed.

3) ENFIA certificate for years 2011-2012-2013-2014-2015 by showing that no tax is owed on the property (F.A.P.) and ENFIA for these years from the transferor (if it is for LAND, then only years 2014-2015 are required).

4) If the property came into the city plan after 1983 we need two (2) certificates:
a)confirmation that property declaration has been submitted by the owner in the Urban Planning Service and
b) confirmation that there are no overdue contributions due, for land and in money.

5) Confirmation that no irrigation payments are due form the transferor of the property (if the property is in an area where TOEV certificate is required).

6) Certificate for non-debt insurance contributions from IKA (Public Insurance Service)

7) Regional License for properties located in the Navy or Army areas (such as Akrotiri, Mournies, Kalyves, Nerokourou, Maleme, Souda etc.).

8) From the Cadastral Office: notice + piece by cadastral Diagram.

9) Building permit for buildings that were built after 1983.

10) Contracts.

11) Power of attorney if the seller is not present.

12) VAT and Tax of transferor. ID or passport.

13) Topographic plot with affirmation of N.651 / 1977 Engineering and N.1337 / 1983 and plan views of the building.

14) Energy Performance Certificate (PAA) on property (for sale).

15) engineer confirmation of existing building of N.4178 / 2013 (concerning buildings and land pieces) or engineer certificate that there is NO building on plots pieces.

From the buyer ID or passport is required and tax identification number (TIN).

To draw up a purchase contract, the costs concern:

a) Τhe transfer of property tax in the taxation office which is 3% on the greater value indicated in the contract.
b) Notary fees.
c) Lawyer’s fees.
d) Registration fees or registration of the contract in the Land Registry or Land Office in the area where the property is located.

Yes, anyone (seller or buyer) does not need to be present at the signing of the contract. In this case, a drafted notarized power of attorney to a Greek notary or Greek consulate abroad should be prepared to which the command is given to a third party lawyer (or not) to sign the relevant contract.

Yes, an attorney is required for the legal control of the property. The lawyer will check at the competent Land Registry or Land Office to detect any charges on the property (mortgage, underwritings, seizures, claims etc.)

Contact the Notary
Peridou and Ipsilanton 4 (2nd floor), Chania, PC 73135, Crete. (Compared to the municipal parking)

Tel / Fax: +30 28210 42 678 – Mobile: +30 6945152682 – Email: